Sunday, December 13, 2009

Activities Fair

The Activities group I am part of held a fair last night in our soccer arena/public space thingy. I am incredibly impressed with the success the event had despite the last minute and informal planning. The town, with its compact size and close knit populace mobilizes at lightning speed. We kicked the even off with a donkey race through the main street of our town. After competitively riding a donkey I can safely say my life is complete. Afterwords, I started setting up carnival activities in the stadium thingy. My game was ridiculously successful as people lined up to pay money to throw a deodorant stick roller ball into empty yogurt cups for the possibilty of winning a drink or a snack. I think our organization could have made major bank off of the game, were it not for the fact I quickly ran out of drink coupons. When I returned to get more, the rest of the fair staff was so stressed out about one thing or another, I determined it was best to let them be. The language barrier and blasting sound system made it really easy for me to be left out of whatever it was that they were stressing about. I kind of wanted to stress out with them so I didn't feel so seperated from what was going on. Since, I was unable to help or even understand why anyone would be so fouled when the fair was going so successfully, I just decided to enjoy myself.
Doing so was quite easy and i passed the rest of the fair just having fun. Although the loudness made me Creole unusable I found that non verbal activities were more than fun enough. Im excited for the debrief on the activity.

1 comment:

Dartboard Appreciation

Dartboard Appreciation
At long last the dartboard is up