Monday, November 23, 2009

Bruma Seca

I write this post from the comfort of my own home. Outside a sandy windstormy sort of phenomenon is occurring and avoiding it is the most comfortable option. This "bruma seca" is composed of sand particles and dirt and whatnot blown all the way over here from the Sahara. It wreaks havoc on plants and people, so everyone is happy when its not around.
Later today I will give my first English classes. I have no idea what to expect as far as turnout, but I have a plan as to what I will teach. For the more advanced class I will need to evaluate the students skills to figure out what I shall teach.
I finished reading a fiction book yesterday, which is very uncharacteristic of me, but my free time has afforded me a lot of new activities.
I'm considering hiding a few geocaches nearby to see if any tourists will go looking for them. dozens of French tourists pass through here every week, but few stay more than a half day. If Cha D' Igreja had more to offer, I feel they may consider staying longer which would be good for the community.
I'm not sure what the village could do on that matter, but I am excited to have a meeting at the end of the month to discuss such things with the Association I work with. I was excited to hear Friday that they are as eager to do projects as I am. Thusly, I'm preparing a list of ideas and thoughts for that meeting with the hopes that it is only ideas and inspiration that are missing from the equation of action. I posted some pictures from my vullage, and I will try to include some in the blog as well. Thats all for now.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. President,

    You have inspired me to geocache in Fogo. Thank You.

    Josh

    ReplyDelete

Dartboard Appreciation

Dartboard Appreciation
At long last the dartboard is up